A properly maintained heating system can help make the most of your comfort during the cold seasons. But make sure that you are using your furnace or heater safely and that you have your system inspected regularly. During the months of December, January, and February, fires caused by heating equipment become the major source of fire deaths and injuries. Thousands of people also end up in the hospital due to carbon monoxide poisoning from gas leaks from their stoves, furnaces, fireplaces, and other systems.
To help keep you and your family safe during the winter months, please remember the following safety tips from our Sugar Land HVAC experts. We provide comprehensive home services, including heating repair and replacement, cooling repair/replacement plumbing, and more. Our team can take care of all your family’s comfort needs at an affordable cost without compromising quality.
Furnace & Heater Safety Tips for Your Home:
- Install a CO detector in your home, and make sure you change the batteries every year
- Keep flammable items away from your heater, furnace or fireplace – things like bedding, paper, clothing, blankets, etc.
- Turn off portable heaters when you leave a room or before going to bed
- Do not use your oven or a cooking range to heat your home
- Have your furnace inspected and cleaned every year by a licensed HVAC technician
- Keep children and pets away from space heaters and fireplaces
- Use the right type of fuel for your heaters (as specified in the manufacturer’s manual)
Get a Free Estimate Today: (281) 819-5852
When you are in need of licensed and qualified professionals to help you inspect, maintain, and clean your home’s heating systems, turn to Trademark Home Services. We offer complete home care packages that include great discounts, lifetime guarantee on recommended repairs, and service discounts so you can save more while keeping your unit in great shape all year round. You will not find a better value and level of service.
Your satisfaction is guaranteed – if you are not happy with our service, we will make it right!
Give us a call at (281) 819-5852.