While reducing your water bill may not be high on your list of ways to cut costs, making an effort to save water here and there can actually make quite an impact on your monthly expenses. When considering how improvements to the nation’s drinking water infrastructure are expected to cost a whopping $1 trillion between now and the year 2035, much of which will be passed on to consumers, the sooner you make changes to cut your water consumption, the better. Whether it be in the bathroom, the kitchen, or the yard, the following tips can help you save water and chip away at your water bill.
- Shut off the faucet: Only use the faucet when absolutely necessary. This means shutting off the tap while you brush your teeth, filling up your basin when shaving rather than leaving the water running, and refraining from hand washing dishes.
- Opt for a low-flow shower head: New state-of-the-art shower heads provide satisfying shower experiences with solid water pressure while only using a fraction of the normal flow rate. Swapping out a shower head is also an easy process which only requires a few basic tools.
- Shower instead of taking baths: A 10-minute shower with a low-flow shower head uses approximately 20 gallons of water, as opposed to the roughly 30 gallons needed to fill a bathtub. Likewise, taking shorter showers can save as much as $100 annually and translate to savings on other bills, such as gas and electricity.
- Use the dishwasher: Washing dishes by hand requires more effort and more water than simply using the dishwasher. Be sure to wait until your dishwasher is full before running a cycle. Similarly, if your dishwasher is nearing the end of its life cycle, consider going with a water- and energy-efficient model.
- Check for leaks: Leaking faucets, showerheads, and toilets can lead to major water waste over time. Be sure to periodically inspect for leaks and have them repaired quickly.
- Use recycled water in the garden: Water used to boil vegetables or water collected from a downspout can be used to water your plants. Consider collecting water for this purpose by placing an empty bucket in the shower.
Save Water with Trademark Home Services
If you are considering upgrading your plumbing, fixtures, or appliances in favor of modern eco-friendly, water-saving varieties, contact the knowledgeable Sugar Land plumbers at Trademark Home Services today. From water filtration and water heater installation to sink and toilet repair, our technicians can provide the comprehensive home services you need to improve your home’s water efficiency and appeal. Most importantly, all services are backed by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, allowing you to choose us with confidence knowing that the job will be done correctly the first time around.
Call (281) 819-5852 or get in touch with us online today to schedule an estimate.