It’s the hottest, most humid day of the summer with no relief in sight. You walk into your house only to find that it is even hotter indoors: your air conditioner is broken.
Anair conditioner breakdown always seems to occur at the most inconvenient time possible. Air conditioners are complex pieces of machinery with many different things that can go wrong. Below, we’ve listed some of the most common reasons for problems that Sugar Land-area homes and businesses face with their AC systems.
Problems within the System
An electrical or mechanical issue, like the following, can result in a system breakdown:
- Coolant leaks, which result in the system simply blowing warm air into the house
- A blown capacitor, which can cause the unit to overheat and break down
- A bent fan blade, which can also cause overheating and system failure
- A broken motor, in which case the system will not cycle
- A damaged power cord, which means the system might not even turn on
- A clogged air filter may result in a system breakdown
- Debris such as leaves and sticks or an errant kids’ toy around the compressor or condenser may cause the system to shut down
Aging Causes Issues
Over time, an air conditioner becomes less effective at cooling. Normal wear and tear due to many years of use is the cause of many system breakdowns. Most air conditioners last for about 10 years before they have a catastrophic system malfunction; however, some can last more or fewer years, depending on how well they have been maintained in the past.
The Importance of Maintenance
Failure to perform preventive maintenance can cause an air conditioner to have problems. From dirty fins and coils to an obstruction in the condensate line or a cracked drain pan, failure to maintain the system is the cause of many AC failures.
Preventing Breakdowns Starts with You
Our air conditioner repair services are accurate, punctual, and affordable. By fixing your air conditioner as soon as possible, we are able to restore comfort and calm to your household.
For more information or for an emergency AC repair service, call our Sugar Land air conditioner company at Trademark Home Services today at (281) 819-5852.