Now that it is November, the winter season is apparent here in Sugar Land, Texas, especially at night when the temperatures drop below 60. People all throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area are switching on their heaters to stay warm and cozy, but many are discovering that a room or two in their households stay frigid. Is this happening to you, too? Wouldn’t you like it if it didn’t?
If there is uneven heating in your home, it might be caused by:
- Clogged filters: Dust, pollutants, and particulates that pile up on filters restricts the airflow passing through it. Less air being moved through the ventilation means what heat there is in the air dissipates faster. The end result is often the room furthest away from the furnace gets nothing but unheated air. Check and replace air filters when necessary.
- Obstructed registers: The easiest fix on this list is just checking the air registers, or the openings in the walls and ceiling of your home that output the air in the ducts. Sometimes a tall bookshelf or similar piece of furniture may be in front of a register, limiting how much air can get through there and heat the room. Other times, the register is cranked to the shut position. Adjust the lever or move the furniture, wait an hour, and see if the temperature has warmed up.
- Leaks: Do you have a spot in your roof or along the top of one of the walls that always leaks in water when it rains? That same leak is exactly where hot air wants to flow and escape when you are running your heater. You may need to reseal your roof or reinsulate your attic to stop heat from rapidly escaping your house.
- Defective heat pump: If your heater or furnace system uses a heat pump, it relies on this piece of equipment to effectively distribute heat throughout your home. If it is defective or not working at all, it won’t do its job. It could even start a fire so inspecting and repairing it should be done sooner than later.
- Small furnace: Have you ever looked at the furnace in your home and thought, “That looks a little small”? You are probably right if you’ve had this hunch. Furnaces too small for the square-footage of the home they are meant to heat are more common than you think.
Correcting any and all of these issues can be as easy as contacting Trademark Home Services in Sugar Land, also helping customers in Pearland, Houston, and beyond. With our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee, you can rest easy knowing that we will get to the source of your heating issues. We also offer free estimates so you can get an idea of what it might cost without making any upfront commitments.